Travel and technology have almost become synonymous to each other these days. Right from planning the travel itinerary to booking hotels, from booking flight tickets to finding travel destinations, technology has a significant role to play at different levels of travelling. However, one needs to be tech-savvy to find out how he can gain maximum at the click of the mouse.
So, in case, you are planning to travel, but, are still not updated with technology, don’t worry. Just get yourself updated to newer technology trends and plan your travel accordingly.
The advanced technology and smart phone travel applications have helped in cutting down the travel costs helping you to enjoy your holidays without worrying for an empty pocket.
If you are a travel freak and if you haven’t planned your travel properly, you might end up making your wallet empty. However, if you have planned it right, your journey may become memorable forever. So here we bring you the top 5 tips to travel smooth without hassles with a set budget.
- Make bookings at the right time: There is a myth ruling the minds of travellers that early booking of tickets give you a decent deal. However, this remains to be a myth as many a times, there are some amazing last minute deals that will help you save a lot of money. A research by Skyscanner.com says that the best time to book flights to Europe is 5 weeks before your journey. And for the train journey, it is best to book 12 weeks in advance.
- Skip the Hotels: There are many hosts advertising their homes as bed and breakfast on the internet. Also, there are a few others who simply offer their couch to tourists. So try to stay there and learn the local culture and save on money. This will change your perspective about the location
- Get Travel Insurance done: Travel insurance will help you to ensure that you don’t end up spending a fortune on your health or lost baggage in case of any mishap.
- Have a Good Guide Book: Buy a good guide book if you want to save on money. A guide book will give you all details of expensive and affordable places, so you can choose wisely.
- Travel with a Partner: Travelling with a companion is always economic as you can split the costs of rooms, taxis and food, thereby saving a lot more money. Plus, it is safer if you travel with a known person in a new country.
These tips will definitely help in making your travel memorable.