Who is the Richest Person in the world? This is exactly what we are going to talk about in this article. Out of 7.7billion people in the world, making your way in the list of the richest people is not a joke. Making in the top 5 requires even more hard work and determination.
You may have seen quite a few lists before landing here, right? Though may not have been satisfied with the fluctuations in results and are in search of a genuine and accurate list of rich people.
We have brought down the precise results for you along with a few other details. The list is 100% accurate, precise and genuine as the results have been made with reference from the Forbes Magazine, which is known for delivering detailed and exact results over the years.
Check out the list of the Top 5 Richest Man in the World:
- Jeff Bezos: The CEO and Founder of Amazon, Residing in Seattle, Washington, Jeff Bezos bags the Number One Position in the List with a Net Worth of $126.3 billion. He owns 12% stakes in the e-commerce giant Amazon. He also owns an aerospace company, Blue Origin and a Newspaper company, The Washington Post.
“There are two kinds of companies, those that work to try to charge more and those that work to charge less. We will be the second” – Jeff Bezos.
- Bill Gates: The 2nd position is occupied by Bill Gates with a Net Worth of $111.7 billion. Popularly known as the Founder of Microsoft Corporation. A billionaire by wealth and a billionaire by heart, Gates has donated around stocks of Microsoft worth $35.8 billion to the Gates Foundation. Bill Gates and his wife Melinda are Chairman of the largest private charitable foundation in the world, Gates Foundation. Bill Gates has given away or sold almost all his stakes in Microsoft, he just owns 1% of the stakes. Though, he has invested in other assets and mixed stocks.
“Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose” – Bill Gates.
- Bernard Arnault: Bernard Arnault is French Billionaire and is a lover of arts having a Net Worth of $110.7 billion. Bernard Arnault is the Chief Executive and Chairman of LVMH Moet Hennessy, popularly known as Louis Vuitton (LV). In the year 2018, his Luxury goods LVMH posted record sales due to the increase in Chinese customers and their spending power. Bernard Arnault is the one behind The Louis Vuitton Museum near Paris whose worth is estimated to be around $135 billion and is designed by Frank Gehry.
“Money is just a consequence. I always say to my team, don’t worry too much about profitability. If you do your job well, the profitability will come” – Bernard Arnault.
- Warren Buffet: The CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, residing in Omaha, Nebraska in the United States is at the fourth position with a Net Worth of $88.6 billion. Warren Buffet, the greatest investor of all time and is also called by the name, “Oracle of Omaha”. Duracell, Dairy Queen, Geico, and 57companies are managed under Berkshire Hathaway.
“Price is what you pay. Value is what you get” – Warren Buffet.
- Amancio Ortega: The Wealthiest Retailer in the whole world and is the Richest Man in Europe having a Net Worth of $78.1 billion. The Spanish billionaire is the former chairman and founder of Inditex, majorly known for its name Zara, a fashion and accessories shop. He earns around $400 million through dividends every year and loves to invest his dividends in real estate. He has quite a lot of real estate in Madrid, London, Chicago, Barcelona, New York and Miami.
“Proof of our business’s great capacity to generate funds” – Amancio Ortega.
The listed billionaires are as per the current date and featured on Forbes Magazine.