Pilates exercise is a typical form of workout that is popular among both general public as well as elite athletes. The simple reason is that Pilates works like no other fitness method. Here are the top five benefits of this amazing technique.
• No specialized equipment needed-Pilates utilizes your own body for resistance. This back-to-basics kind of exercise is now the top fitness trend according to a recent survey. This freedom from any equipment or a gym means that you can do it anywhere and anytime. Interestingly, the special equipment that you find in Pilates studios was first created by Joseph Pilates for people who could not do the mat exercises due to disability, illness, or injury. This is not a criticism of Pilates machines or any other kind of exercise equipment, but if you want a fabulous workout free of equipment, the Pilates mat routine is for you!
• Improves breathing- Joseph Pilates emphasized breathing, and each Pilates mat exercise has a breathing pattern. Big, expansive breath combined with precise, controlled, and fluid movement results in a truly invigorating experience. You may feel energized after a Pilates rather than getting tired!
• A complete workout- According to fitness research, the body needs three distinct kinds of exercise – strength training, stretching, and cardiovascular conditioning (better known as aerobic exercise). You need all of these exercises because any one of them alone will not keep you healthy. At the age 30, both men and women begin to lose muscle tissue all over the body. You need strength training to restore muscle tissue. Aerobics and stretching won’t do this. On the other hand, you need cardio for heart health which stretching and strength training can’t deliver. And finally, you need stretching for flexibility and – yes, you guessed it – strength training and cardio don’t do this.
• Keeps your joints healthy- There are no harsh movements in Pilates. This prevents harm to your joints. Movement is controlled, precise, and fluid. This kind of joint-healthy movement means that Pilates is an exercise that you can do for the rest of your life! You can’t say this for many of the activities that we love to do such as running and hiking to name just a few which cause wear and tear on our joints.
• Get relief from back pain- Today doctors agree that most back problems are better served by exercise rather than surgery or medication. Pilates exercises and principles of core strength are widely used by the therapists and trainers worldwide.
Now that you know the fantastic benefits of Pilates exercise, it’s time to include it into your fitness regimen.